Our OpenPrint™ Cartridge Series of high definition line impact printers is compatible with today’s modern enterprise resource planning (ERP) environments including Oracle®, SAP®, Linux® and Windows®. It combines the flexibility and enhanced graphic performance offered by PostScript and PDF printing, plus the low operating cost and unmatched reliability of line matrix technology.
With OpenPrint, you can expect:
- High-quality text and fonts without the need for custom coding or complex print drivers
- Consumables that are up to six times less expensive than laser printers
- Reliable, jam-free performance in challenging environments (hot, humid, dusty or cold)
Get a printing system that can stand up to the rigors of the toughest workplaces and deliver connectivity and flexibility – OpenPrint has it all.
- OpenPrint™ P8ZPH (Zero-Tear Pedestal)
OpenPrint™ P8PPH (Open Pedestal)
OpenPrint™ P8CPH (Cabinet)
- 180×180 – 79 inches per minute*
- 120×120- 165 inches per minute*
- 180×90 – 147 inches per minute*
- 90×180 – 147 inches per minute*
- 90×90 – 236 inches per minute*
- *Specification is based on 25% vertical image density, meaning print image exists on 25% of the available vertical dot rows. If the vertical coverage is higher or lower, the speed will decrease or increase proportionally. The width of the image has no effect on the print speed. The highest resolution is t ypically used with high densit y barcode applications. OpenPrint has the abilit y to speed up when lower resolutions are used.
- 180×180-sure scan enabled (horizontal and vertical bar codes)
- 120×120-sure scan enabled (horizontal and vertical bar codes)
- 90×180-sure scan enabled (vertical bar codes only)
- 180×90-sure scan enabled (horizontal barcodes only)
- 90×90-sure scan disabled**
- **sure scan bar code optimization is enabled by default for resolutions of 120 DPI and higher. It is disabled for 90×90.
Dot Size: 11 mil (0.28 mm)
Emulations: Ghostscript Postscript (Level 3 compatible) and PDF (Level 1.7 compatible). Printronix PJL is also included for job control and configuration. Artifex, the Artifex logo, Ghostscript, and the Ghostscript logo are registered trademarks of Artifex Software, Inc. Postscript is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Standard: Serial RS-232, USB 2.0, Ethernet 10/100 BaseT
Optional: Parallel IEEE-1284, Centronics
Fonts: 35 Standard Postscript Level 3 fonts: Bookman-Demi, Bookman-DemiItalic, Bookman-Light, Bookman-LightItalic, Courier, Courier-Oblique, Courier-Bold, Courier-BoldOblique, AvantGarde-Book, AvantGarde-BookOblique, AvantGarde-Demi, AvantGarde- DemiOblique, Helvetica, Helvetica-Oblique, Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica-BoldOblique, Helvetica-Narrow, Helvetica-Narrow-Oblique, Helvetica-Narrow-Bold, Helvetica-Narrow-BoldOblique, Palatino-Roman, Palatino-Italic, Palatino-Bold, Palatino-BoldItalic, NewCenturySchlbk-Roman, NewCenturySchlbk-Italic, NewCenturySchlbk-Bold, NewCenturySchlbk-BoldItalic, Times-Roman, Times-Italic, Times-Bold, Times-BoldItalic, Symbol, ZapfChancery-MediumItalic, ZapfDingbats.
- Windows XP, Windows 10; Windows Server 2003 and 2008; Linux/UNIX
Sure Scan Barcodes: EAN 8/13, UPC A/E, EAN/UPC Addon 2 or 5, Code 39, Code 128, UCC/EAN 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, Industrial 2 of 5, BCD Matrix, Code 93, Inverted 2 of 5, IATA 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, Datalogic 2 of 5
Oracle Connectivity: Use Windows or Linux drivers as required.
- SAPscript: Use Generic POST2 driver resident with SAP
- SmartForms: Use Generic POST2 driver resident with SAP
- Interactive Forms: Direct Postscript supported
P8ZPH 475 Watts Printing, 5W Standby
P8PPH 475 Watts Printing, 5W Standby
P8CPH 475 Watts Printing, 5W Standby
Operating Temperature- 50° to 104° F, 10° to 40° C
Power Voltage: Line Auto Ranging 100-120 VAC, 200-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (+/-10%)
Acoustic Noise: 55dB – P8CPH, 65dB – P8PPH, 70dB – P8ZPH
Environmental Advantage: Improved handling of recycled paper, faster power-up from sleep mode than laser printers
Media Type P8000HDZT OpenPrint
|Maximum 0.025” (0.64mm)
Minimum as defined below:
3” (76mm) to 17” (432mm) maximum
6” (152mm) minimum 17” (432mm) maximum
Media Type P8000HD OpenPrint
|3” (76mm) to 17” (432mm)
Up to 6 parts
15 lb. bond to 100 lbs. Tag 56 g/m2 to 163 g/m2 thickness
|Type:||Continuous, fan folded, edge-perforation|
|Paper Path:||Straight through paper path with easy-load twin adjustable tractors|
|Forms:||Control 14 and 12 channel electronic vertical format unit, paper-out detector and alarm, paper motion detector and alarm|
|Print Width:||13.6” (345mm)|
Mean Time Between Failure: 8,000 hours
Genuine Printronix Cartridge Ribbons
- Extended Life HD: 34,000 pages
Supplies & Accessories
Cartridge Ribbon Family
Extended Life HD available for P8000HD and P7000HD cartridge series line matrix printers.
All OpenPrint models have same supplies & accessories available which are found on P8000 counterparts.