Migrate flash files between printers based on PrintNet. Flash file can contain TrueType font, stored form, CST, etc.
Use Printnet Enterprise Suite, v3.12D or later.
You may wish to transfer some stored files between printers, such as TrueType fonts, stored forms or a CST bundle. The files to be transferred must be compatible with the destination printer.
In order to transfer the files, use the Flash File Manager feature of PrintNet Enterprise Suite. Collect the file or files from the source printer, and save into a file that is stored on the PC running PrintNet Enterprise Suite. Then the saved file can be copied to one or more printers using PrintNet Enterprise Suite.
- In PrintNet Enterprise Suite, select the ‘from’ printer having the desired files.
- In the ‘Applications’ menu, open ‘Flash File Manager’, and press the ‘Get File Info’ button.
- Mark all the files to save, by using Ctrl-left-click with the mouse.
- Press the ‘Upload’ button to upload the files to the host PC.
- Press the ‘Save As’ button to give a filename to the saved set of files from the printer. Make sure the file has an extension of PFF.
- Close the ‘Flash File Manager’ window.
- Attach a Download icon to the ‘to’ printer that will be getting the files.
- Double click the Download icon and browse to the saved flash file with the extension PFF located on the PC running PrintNet Enterprise Suite. Close the Download icon window.
- Select the ‘to’ printer.
- In the ‘Applications menu’, open ‘File Download’.
- Verify that the ‘Flash Files’ file-type box is the only one checked.
- Press the ‘Start’ button to start the download.
- Close the ‘File Download’ window when the operation is complete.
- Check printer contents by accessing the ‘Flash File Manager’ window or the Stored File List section of the configuration on the destination printer.