How to capture an electronic job file using PrintNet Enterprise Suite?
When the user wants to troubleshoot a problem and cannot generate an electronic job file in another way, such as from a mini/mainframe environment.
- Start PrintNet Enterprise Suite version 3.12D or greater.
- Select the printer by right-clicking on its name in the database window.
- Select the menu ‘Applications’, then select ‘Job Capture’, and a message box should appear, saying “Connecting to printer”. If you fail to connect, check the value of ‘Debug Port’ or ‘PNE Port’, which must be set to “Ethernet”.
- When the Job Capture window pops up: optionally, select menu ‘Options’, and disable printing. The printer will accept the job so the capture will take place, but no printing will occur.
- Select menu ‘Capture’ and select ‘Data From’. Pick the interface over which the data is entering the printer. Select ‘Start’ from the ‘Capture’ menu. An information block on the status bar along the bottom of the window reads “Capture: On”, then “Capture: Idle”.
- When a job is sent to the printer, the number of bytes received is accumulated in the status bar, but the data contents are not displayed in real-time.
- When the capture is stopped, by using ‘Capture’ menu and ‘Stop’, the accumulated data contents are displayed. The file can be saved using the ‘File’ menu.