How to capture an electronic configuration listing using PrintNet Enterprise Suite?
When an electronic copy of a configuration listing is desired, or it is necessary to get the configuration remotely.
- Start PrintNet Enterprise Suite version 3.12D or greater.
- Select the printer by right-clicking on its name in the database window.
- Select the menu ‘Applications’, then select ‘Information Capture’, and a message box should appear, saying “Connecting to printer”. If you fail to connect, check the value of ‘Debug Port’ or ‘PNE Port’, which must be set to “Ethernet”.
- When the Information Capture window pops up: select menu ‘Configuration Printout’.
- Select ‘Current’, or the desired configuration to capture.
- Select menu ‘File’ and select ‘Save As’ to save the configuration as a text file, or capture part or all of the text with a mouse and copy it into a word processor such as Notepad.
NOTE: PrintNet Enterprise doesn’t save line feeds, just carriage returns, so the text runs together in the output file. To save the files with line feeds, on a Windows system and Word 2003, do the following:
- Select the menu ‘File’, and select ‘Save As’ from the ‘File’ menu.
- Name the file with an extension of .TXT
- Open the saved file in Word as an MS-DOS type.
- Save the file as an MS-DOS type, and check the box that says “Insert Line Breaks”.