When an electronic copy of a configuration listing is desired, or it is necessary to get the configuration remotely.
- Start PrintNet Enterprise Suite version 3.12D or greater.
- Select the printer by right-clicking on its name in the database window.
- Select the menu ‘Applications’, then select ‘Information Capture’, and a message box should appear, saying “Connecting to printer”. If you fail to connect, check the value of ‘Debug Port’ or ‘PNE Port’, which must be set to “Ethernet”.
- When the Information Capture window pops up: select menu ‘Configuration Printout’.
- Select ‘Current’, or the desired configuration to capture.
- Select menu ‘File’ and select ‘Save As’ to save the configuration as a text file, or capture part or all of the text with a mouse and copy it into a word processor such as Notepad.
注意：PrintNet Enterprise doesn’t save line feeds, just carriage returns, so the text runs together in the output file. To save the files with line feeds, on a Windows system and Word 2003, do the following:
- Select the menu ‘File’, and select ‘Save As’ from the ‘File’ menu.
- Name the file with an extension of .TXT
- Open the saved file in Word as an MS-DOS type.
- Save the file as an MS-DOS type, and check the box that says “Insert Line Breaks”.