Job could be missing a final ‘form feed’ command.
Add a form feed using the ‘trailer’ feature.
The PrintNet adapter has eight data ports, 9100 through 9107. Each port has a “destination” (or “queue”), and each destination has a “model”. By default, port 9100 is assigned destination/queue name “d1prn” and model “m1”.
The model defines how the print job will be processed as it passes through to the printer. Models are a set of filters that can be used to modify the print data stream.
The model can be assigned a “trailer” consisting of a form feed. When the Ethernet port closes, a form feed will be issued and the print job will eject paper to the next top-of-form.
It is easy to assign a form feed with a web browser. Using telnet, a complex string of hex bytes or variables can be programmed and documented.
METHOD 1 – browser:
- Log into the NIC using a web browser. The web address is the IP of the NIC.
- Select ‘Configuration’ and log in.
- The user name is ‘root’, without the quotes, in lower case.
- The password is blank; just ignore the field.
- Select ‘Print Model’.
- Verify the model (“m1” is the default model for port 9100)
- Pick the ‘formfeed’ trailer from the pull-down list. NOTE: Erase the trailer by setting all trailer values to NULL at this point.
- Press the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Select ‘System’ menu function at the top of the page.
- Press ‘Reboot’ button. Indicate that you are sure by pressing ‘Yes’.
METHOD 2 – telnet:
[Note: Type the values in single quotes, not the quotes themselves, and press Enter.]
- Open a telnet session with the NIC.
- Open a DOS window (cmd.com) and/or run telnet using the IP address of the NIC.
- Login name is ‘root’ in lower case, password is empty (Enter key only).
- To see the current trailer for model m1, type ‘list model m1’.
- To set a trailer of “form feed” for model m1, type ‘set model m1 trailer 0x0c’. 0x0c is the numerial value of a form feed character. “Form feed” is also pre-defined as variable $FF, so you could type ‘set model m1 trailer $FF’.
- To clear the trailer for m1, type ‘set model m1 trailer’.
- After making all changes, type ‘save’ then type ‘reset’.
- The NIC will reset and the printer will cycle power.